This service is available to inspectorates that have been authorised by a waste disposal facility to record data for the annual waste report (nk).
When must an annual waste report be submitted?
The reporting requirement now also applies to waste not subject to regulatory controls (nk). All sites that meet the following criteria are obliged to submit an annual waste report:
- All waste disposal facilities and material extraction sites that are to be filled or recultivated which accept waste that is not subject to regulatory controls.
What data needs to be recorded?
Waste disposal facilities' reports must include their waste input and any transfers of waste that is not subject to regulatory controls. Products may be recorded voluntarily or according to cantonal directives (see Figure 5 in Reporting according to the ADWO (PDF, 1 MB, 28.10.2019, in German) (admin.ch)) .
Hazardous waste [S], waste subject to regulatory controls with mandatory accompanying documentation [akb] and other waste subject to regulatory controls without mandatory accompanying documentation [ak] is already recorded via OMW processes (on VeVa Online until 2022).
Upload waste report (nk) with an Excel file
Data for several sites can be uploaded in an Excel file. The Excel file must follow the same format as the template.
What is the process?
- Download both Excel files: The example file and the empty template file to fill in.
- The codes for output products can be found in the products list.
- Fill in the empty template, save the file on your computer, start the service and upload it via the 'Upload Excel' field.
- You will receive a separate message with the subject line 'Annual waste report (nk) accepted/not accepted'.
- Once you have uploaded your files, you will be able to see the process status in a new Excel file. This Excel file will be attached to the message.
- Please make the necessary corrections to this Excel file and then upload it again.
- If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6 until your file has no more errors.
Support - Contact
Federal Office for the Environment FOEN
Tel.: +41 61 202 04 93