This notification authorises the use of a handheld radio with digital selective calling (DSC) for participating in the maritime mobile service.
Handheld VHF marine radio with DSC Rules and requirements
- The ship station licence and the maritime identifier are only issued or allocated if the applicant has the corresponding certificate of competence for recreational boating.
- If the handheld marine radio is to be used on a ship not flying the Swiss flag, the user must enquire about any special conditions that may apply in the host country.
- The use of handheld marine radios is prohibited in Switzerland. In most coastal countries, onshore use is illegal
- The user of the handheld marine radio is responsible for complying with national and international regulations.
- A handheld marine radio with DSC and GNSS may only be used for the mobile maritime service.
- The data is entered in the MARS database (Maritime Mobile Access and Retrieval System) maintained by the International
Telecommunication Union (ITU): Maritime mobile Access and Retrieval System (MARS) (itu.int)