What kinds of numbers can you apply for?
- Freephone numbers (0800)
- Shared-cost numbers (084x)
- Business and marketing (0900)
- Games and competitions (0901)
- Adult entertainment (0906)
Please note the following information when ordering a number:
- An individual number must be activated by a telecommunications service provider no later than 180 days (6 months) after it is allocated to a holder. Otherwise, the right of use automatically reverts to OFCOM.
- OFCOM publishes individual numbers and the addresses associated with them via its Search for allocated individual numbers (in accordance with Art. 9 of the Ordinance on Addressing Resources in the Telecommunications Sector (AEFV))
- For more information, see the links and documents on the right.
Documents to be enclosed
for applicants not yet registered
- copy of the current certificate of residence and a copy of a valid identity document or passport
Legal entity based in Switzerland (company limited by shares, general partnership, partnership limited by shares, limited partnership, limited liability company, cooperative, association, foundation)
- copy of the excerpt from the commercial register and a power of attorney in the case of a person without signatory power
- association of foundation without entry in the commercial register a certified copy of the association's statutes or of the foundation deed
Legal entity based in foreign countries (company limited by shares, general partnership, partnership limited by shares, limited partnership, limited liability company, cooperative, association, foundation
- certified copy of the excerpt from the commercial register or
- if there is no institution accordingly to the commercial register, an official document attesting the legal existence of the legal entity according to the applicable foreign law
- power of attorney in the case of a person without signatory power
Do you have any questions or comments about the 'Request an individual number' service?
Contact us using the service Contact for questions about telecom services.