When are annual reports approved for the FOEN?
Since 2021, the reporting requirement also applies to waste not subject to regulatory controls (nk).
All sites that meet the following criteria are required to submit a report annually:
All waste disposal facilities and material extraction sites that are being filled or recultivated.
On 1 May, the cantons are sent a request to approve the companies' annual waste reports (nk). The cantons must approve these by 30 June. They can approve the annual waste reports (nk) for the FOEN in one batch.
What data must be reported?
The cantonal staff can define the reporting period. A canton's staff can only approve information from the cantons for which they are authorised.
What is the process?
- A request to approve waste reports is sent to each canton:
- The cantonal administrator can select the service 'Approve annual waste report (nk) for the FOEN'
- The cantonal administrator approves the annual waste report (nk) for the FOEN by:
- Defining the reporting period
- Checking the 'Approve' box
- Adding an optional comment
- Submitting the form
- When the form is siubmitted, the canton's waste reports are set to 'Approved for the FOEN.
Support - Contact
Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN)
Tel.: +41 61 202 04 93